Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Bald Frog and the Wig

I was messing with the questions on my profile the question asked me to tell the story of the bald frog and the wig, it was too long for the box so I'll post it here, I liked it.


Once upon a time there was a frog. As frogs are amphibious sorts you could expect the frog was a bit hairless. This frog was tired of the same old mucus and warts so he thought to take the role of Louie the XIV and try the wig.
The wig was a beautiful powdery thing, white as the night stars and as fancy as a Drag Queen on opening night. Oh he loved this wig, and he preened and he prodded. "not a hair must fall out of place!" he proclaimed. But as the day went on the sun grew hotter and hotter. Amphibians are not to keen on the heat which is why they are always so hairless. The frog started to worry, "I need to swim, but my beautiful wig will be left unattended! What shall I do!" To leave the wig would be dangerous, but to swim with it on would make it go flat. But to not swim would make the frog go flat.
The Frog cried and cried as the sun grew hotter, and just as the frog couldn't take it any longer a Crane Fly approached. "What is that on your head my friend? and why do you cry?"
The frog looked on in wonder, "Don't you know who I am? I am a frog, we are hairless gents, but I thought it would be fancy to have a wig! Now it grows hot, and I would like to swim, but I dare not remove the wig, I fear for it's safety!"
"Well friend, I tell you what, I can watch your wig, you take a dip and be back to this pad and the problem will be solved!"
Agreeing upon this solution the frog removed the wig and dove deep into the pond. The crane fly sat cautiously beside the wig, to not disturb the hairs. Concentrating as hard as he could to stay still he did not see the approach of the Bull frog who gobbled up the poor fly and the wig and was gone before the frog was back to claim it.

The moral to this story, Why split hairs when your food is in front of you and the water is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment